Asian Glazed Meatloaf Muffins
- 1 1/2 lb (550 g) lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) VH® Soy Sauce, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) orange juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) melted butter
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Mix together beef, bread crumbs, eggs, 3 tbsp (45 mL) VH® Soy Sauce, orange juice, butter, green onions, garlic and ginger until combined. Divide into 12 portions; place each portion in greased muffin cup.
- Stir remaining soy sauce with honey; brush over top of muffins. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and no longer pink inside, or until instant-read thermometer inserted in centre registers 185°F (85°C).
- Serve meatloaf muffins with rice or salad.
- Substitute ground pork, chicken or turkey for beef if desired.
- Add 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil to soy and honey glaze if desired.