- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) cold water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour plus 1/4 cup (50 mL) for dredging
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole blanched almonds, toasted and chopped fine
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2" strips
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) VH® Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh ground ginger
- 2 cups (500 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 jar (227 mL) VH® Cherry Dipping Sauce, warmed
- Combine eggs, water, all-purpose flour and salt. Stir well to form a batter.
- Marinade chicken in VH® Soya Sauce and fresh ground ginger for 30 minutes.
- In a skillet or wok, heat oil to 375°F (190°C),
- Dredge chicken in batches with flour, then dip in batter and deep-fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve on bed of lettuce with sliced lemon and drizzle with plenty of VH® Cherry Sauce.
An elegant entree for a dinner party.