Sweet and Sour Pork Pitas
Prep Time 10 MIN
Cook Time 15 MIN
- 1 lb (500 g) pork tenderloin
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) grape seed oil or vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 1 jar (341 mL) VH® Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce
- 4 whole wheat pitas
- 2 cups (500 mL) finely shredded red leaf lettuce
- ½ sweet onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped garlic pickles
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Coat pork in oil and season with salt and pepper. On a cutting board, evenly roll pork over thyme.
- Add pork to preheated skillet and brown on all sides, approximately 2 minutes per side. Reduce heat to low; cook covered, until just a hint of pink remains, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from skillet; tent with foil for 10 minutes.
- Place pita on a grill to warm through. Slice pork into 1/2-inch (1 cm) rounds. Trim off top third of each pita.
- To assemble, place slices of pork in center of pita and pour approximately 3 tbsp (45 mL) of VH® Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce over pork. Add lettuce, onion and pickles. Place remaining VH® Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce in a small ramekin for dipping.