Beef Tenderloin with Fine Herbs
- 4 beef tenderloins or tournedos 1" thick (2.5 cm) 1 lb. (454 g)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) olive or vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) VH® Garlic Rib Sauce (mild, medium or strong)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried herbs (any blend of basil, oregano, chives, tarran and/or thyme)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- black pepper to taste
- In a shallow bowl, mix together oil, VH® Garlic Rib Sauce, dried herbs, garlic, and black pepper; add meat. Turn and coat evenly.
- Marinate 1 hour or more in the refrigerator.
- Reserving marinade, remove beef from marinade. Transfer marinade to small pot. Bring to boil over medium-high heat; boil for 5 minutes.
- Place meat on greased grill over medium-high heat; cook, turning once and basting with reduced cooked marinade, for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until still very pink inside.
- Cook to desired doneness and serve immediately.